Friday, December 2, 2011

Re: How to fold by expression using a function?

Thanks Christian.  Those fixes stopped Vim from complaining on
startup.  But now I get a "E490: No fold found" message.  What did I
do wrong?
I saved the Foldexpr_markdown function in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vimfiles\ftplugin\markdown.vim
Is that the right location?

I changed the _vimrc lines to: set foldmethod=expr set
foldexpr=Foldexpr_markdown(v:lnum)also tried "setlocal" in _vimrc:
setlocal foldmethod=expr setlocal
foldexpr=Foldexpr_markdown(v:lnum)but either way, I got "E490: No fold
found" message when zc from lines starting with "#": ## test level 2
Thank you.
On Dec 2, 2:02 am, "Christian Brabandt" <cbli...@256bit.org> wrote:
> On Fri, December 2, 2011 9:57 am, wolfv wrote:
> > How to fold by expression using the Foldexpr_markdown function posted
> > onhttps://gist.github.com/1038710?
>
> > I am running Vim 7.3.46 and do not have vim-voom installed.
>
> > I added the following lines to my _vimrc file:
> >    set foldmethod=expr
> >    :so C:\Program Files (x86)\Vim\vimfiles\ftplugin\markdown.vim
> >    :call Foldexpr_markdown(lnum)
>
> You need to use v:lnum and not lnum and you should not call the function
> manually, vim does it for you:
> set foldexpr=Foldexpr_markdown(v:lnum)
>
> regards,
> Christian

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: