Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What abbreviates filenames in tab labels?

:he tablabel and :he setting-guitablabel both seem to suggest that set guitablabel=%N should put just the current buffer name in the tab title.

The test script I'm using is

mkdir -p /tmp/path/to/files
touch /tmp/path/to/files/file_{a,b,c}
vim -p /tmp/path/to/files/*

Which puts /t/p/t/f/file_a  /t/p/t/f/file_b  /t/p/t/f/file_c in the tab bar.

I want to implement something similar for fugitive, so I'm looking for the behaviour that controls this to implement it similarly.

Specifically, I'm looking for what controls folding all the directory elements in the path down to their first letters.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious. Thanks.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: