Thursday, February 23, 2012

Re: EasyColour 1.0.0: Colour Schemes made Easy!

Hi Ben,

On 23 February 2012 18:45, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Feb 23, 9:28 am, "A. S. Budden" <abud...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The first public release of EasyColour is available from either of the
>> following URLs:
>>
>>    http://www.cgtk.co.uk/vim-scripts/easycolour
>>
>>    http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3950
>>
>> This plugin makes it really easy to create your own colour scheme for
>> Vim.  You don't need to understand Vim script and you can base your
>> colour scheme on an existing one if you like.
>>
>
> I have a few suggestions, although I doubt I'll use the plugin
> (because I don't mind using the default method), but the idea of so
> easily basing one scheme off another is intriguing (I suppose I could
> probably do a :source or :runtime command...).

That's how the plugin does it.

> Something that bugs me about color schemes often is that important
> things like DiffChange, ColorColumn, and more are just plain missing.
> Maybe your plugin could warn if the user has nothing defined for one
> of the common groups?

Interesting point. Often the it's find to leave these as their
defaults, but I could add a function that lists (or adds templates
for) the ones that aren't defined yet.

> A related gripe is that similar items like Number and Constant are not
> always defined, even if the author just wants to link them together.
> Does the plugin handle linking groups? Or at least defining multiple
> groups in one shot, like:
>
> Number,Constant,String:Cyan

I like that, I might just do that! I've been meaning to add a link
syntax to do the equivalent of "hi link Number Constant", but haven't
got there yet (it's only the first release!)

> Finally, is the plugin able to export the colorscheme into the default
> format (or at least something that will load without the plugin)? I
> doubt many people would want to install a plugin just to get at a few
> colorschemes.

This is also on my wish list at the moment. It should be fairly easy
to implement, I just haven't had time yet.

Thanks for the ideas,

Al

--
http://www.cgtk.co.uk

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: