Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Re: Vim startup options

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 17:43, Marc Weber <marco-oweber@gmx.de> wrote:

Talking about :args command?

I think that was what I was looking for. On the good-new/bad-news front, the bad news is :args did not help in finding the problem. The good news is the problem went away when I closed down all current instances of Vim.

I've never had it do this before. Each successive instance seemed to want to allocate a multiple of the memory allocated by the previous instance. It finally threw an error trying to allocate about ten times more than the 8GB I have in the machine. 

Now each instance is allocating a small number of MB, just like it always has. Very strange. BTW, this is with Win7-64.

  -- Jay

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: