Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Re: Two Fold-Related Questions



On Friday, February 17, 2012 2:08:13 AM UTC-8, Marc van Dongen wrote:
* Christian Brabandt  [2012-02-17 10:25:47 +0100]:

Hi Christian,

: I think, you almost get what you want, if you set
: :set foldopen-=block
: This will make the { movements not open the folds. But it won't move to
: before the closed fold, but stays on the closed fold, where the
: paragraph is.

Perfect. Seems to do exactly what I want.

: > The second question has got to do with ``entering'' a fold. Years ago
: > I used an occam folding editor that let you enter a fold. Basically,
: > this let you edit the contents of the fold in a fresh screen. You
: > could only edit what was outside the fold if you left the fold. Is
: > there an equivalent of this facility in vim? (I read the manual pages
: > but I may have missed this.)
:
: Not exactly possible. Use one of the many NarrowRegion plugins
: available, e.g. my NrrwRgn
: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3075
: which opens a selected range of lines in a new buffer and marks the
: original buffer non-modifiable.

Thanks. I may see if I can implement it myself.

Regards,


Marc van Dongen


Entering a fold (occam style) is supported by a package by Mario Schweigler

http://www.informatico.de/kent-vim-ext/index-plain.php

Works very well. Hard to imagine life without it.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: