Monday, February 27, 2012

Re: If there is a > in exactly the 80th character, the following lines will be double-quoted after gq

On 02/27/12 14:11, Matt Ackeret wrote:

> I got an email that had in exactly the 80th column. (I read
> email in alpine, with vim as my alternate editor.)
>
> The text was not wrapped, so I gq it.

I see the same peculiar behavior in my slightly older 7.2.445
(stock on Debian Stable). To duplicate, I did the following:

vim blank_file.txt
:0put='>This is the first line of the quoted'
:t.|t.|%j
:set tw=40
gqip

and I ended up with sequential increments of ">" indentation
where I would normally have expected one ">" on each line.

-tim

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: