Sunday, May 27, 2012

Re: "Invert the number row keys" -- not in Command mode

On Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:29:12 AM UTC-5, zerowords wrote:
> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Invert_the_number_row_keys_for_faster_typing
>
> I think I have followed the directions in the link above, but cannot
> see the desired result in MacVim for Lion.
>
> The change works in vi Insert mode, but does not work in vi Command
> mode which is the place I use it most for moving to the beginning or
> end of the line with ^ or $ . I am using a new computer with a new
> keyboard, and wonder if the keyboard could be the difference?
> Previously I was using the Apple Extended Keyboard which is no longer
> produced, but I paid a lot for a Matias Extended Keyboard which is
> meant to mimic the original Apple and looks just like the Apple, but
> with extra symbols showing on each keycap for the Option and
> Shift-Option keystroke.

The tip uses inoremap, which only applies in insert mode.

I assume you want to adapt the tip using nnoremap (normal mode) or cnoremap (command-line mode).

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: