Thursday, May 31, 2012

Re: Jump to tag command doesn't work in gvim under Windows 7

On Thursday, May 31, 2012 10:02:36 AM UTC-5, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 16:57, Ben Fritz wrote:
> > On Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:44:25 AM UTC-5, J�rgen Kr�mer wrote:
> >
> >>
> >> on Windows the behaviour of Ctrl plus a non-letter is independent of the
> >> actual keyboard layout (at least inside Vim). As far as I know for those
> >> combinations to work you have to press Ctrl and the same key that would
> >> generate the non-letter if you had installed the US-American keyboard
> >> driver. For "[" and "]" this would be the keys between "P" and the
> >> Return key.
> >>
> >
> > Huh? I've got my keyboard (a standard QWERTY keyboard) mapped to US-Dvorak
> > in Windows XP, and to get CTRL-] I press CTRL and the key labelled =/+,
> > not the key labelled ]/}.
>
> Isn't that what J�rgen said? On a German keyboard (at least for Windows)
> you need to press Ctrl-� rather then the key labeld ] to produce an
> actual keycode of <C-]>.
>
> On linux on the other side, I need to press the key labeld ].
>

We may be talking about different ways of getting a non-standard keyboard.

I think I understand now, that you and Jürgen are talking about a keyboard whose keys are physically labelled different than a standard US QWERTY keyboard, and pressing CTRL+] on that keyboard does not send Vim a CTRL+] keystroke.

I am saying that I have a physical US QWERTY keyboard, and I've applied a US Dvorak keyboard layout, by going into Control Panel→Regional and Language Options→Languages→Details...

On my physical QWERTY keyboard mapped to Dvorak, I press CTRL and the key which in Dvorak yields a ], and Vim gets CTRL+] as I expect.

I think you're saying if I had a physical Dvorak keyboard with no software mapping, pressing CTRL and the key which yields a ], will NOT send Vim a CTRL+], but something else.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: