Thursday, May 31, 2012

vim Utl plugin: how to render a linked doc file

stefen:
I'm using vim Utl plugin and enjoy it.
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=293
but today I run into an issue here.
so if I use this in my text:

7 habit             <url:books/7\ habits\ of\ highly\ effective\ people.txt>

it works. it will jump into the folder books and open linked file in current window for me.

while if I use this:

7 habit             <url:books/7\ habits\ of\ highly\ effective\ people.doc>

it report:
No handler for media type application/msword defined yet. Entering Setup now. <RETURN>

and i f I return it goes to the Utl help.

I already have these setup in my vimrc file:

"doc to text
autocmd BufReadPre *.doc set ro
autocmd FileReadPre *.doc set ro
autocmd BufReadPre *.doc set hlsearch!
autocmd BufReadPost *.doc %!antiword "%"
autocmd FileReadPost *.doc %!antiword "%"

so if I :open/:read a doc file it will be automatically rendered into vim.

is there anything missed here?

copy to the vim google group if anyone else knows how-to.

thanks!

No comments: