Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Re: Problem Running vim on HP RX2800 I2 server with HP-UX 11I VERSION 3 OS

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 03:47:16AM +1000, Ken Schmitt wrote:
>We have recently purchased a new HP RX2800 I2 server with HP-UX 11I
>VERSION 3 operating system. I downloaded and our IT folks installed vim
>7.3 (IA-64) from the following website:
>
>http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Editors/vim-7.3/

If my Linux experience is any guide, PATH doesn't have anything to do
with shared libraries. You either need to install shared libraries in a
standard location that your OS already looks in, or configure your
dynamic linker to know about the nonstandard place where you have your
GTK libraries installed.

When I went to the website above, I saw "gtk+2" on the list of Vim's
runtime dependencies. When I followed the link to that package, I see
that the standard HP porting package of gtk+2 installs in /usr/local,
not /opt, which is why I think your install of GTK is in a nonstandard
place.

I'd suggest getting your sysadmin to install gtk+2 from the page above,
and check that all the other runtime dependencies are installed while
they're at it.

--
Ed Blackman

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: