Thursday, June 21, 2012

Re: Can vim be made to start with selected files already open?

On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:09 PM, Tim Gray wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2012 at 11:52 AM -0400, Eric Weir wrote:
>> At first I continued sourcing the 'mksession' file after restarting, till I realized it was overwriting the changes I had made. So I'd like to find a method that avoids this problem.
>
> I mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. Check out the vim-session [1] plugin. It doesn't open your files automatically when you open vim, but it does everything else you want with a minimum of fuss. I'm sure you could open a session directly from the command line if you call it with a -c command.

Thanks, Tim. I remember the suggestion. I checked out the plugin. I didn't decide against it, but haven't tried it out, yet, either. [I think I wanted to get problems with other plugins resolved first.

I'll look at it again. And maybe give it a try.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USA
eeweir@bellsouth.net

"Hatred destroys. Love heals."

- Eknath Easwaran

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: