Friday, June 15, 2012

Re: Selecting paragraphs

On Jun 14, 2012, at 7:13 AM, Tim Chase wrote:

> This points to the 'tw'/'wm' issue I mentioned in my follow-up
> email. If you want to clean them up, it's usually pretty easy with
>
> :g/^\</,'}-j
>
> (you can insert a leading range before the "g" if you only want to
> touch a subset of your file; and you can use some other
> "first-line-of-paragraph" regex instead of "^\<" which is roughly "a
> word at the beginning of the line")

Now that I've diagnosed the problem, and am no longer generating newlines in the middle of paragraphs, I'd like to use this when I encounter the places that do have them.

What do I do? When I am in a file in which I want to run it just enter the script into the vim command line and run it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USA
eeweir@bellsouth.net

"Imagining the other is a powerful antidote to fanaticism and hatred."

- Amos Oz

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: