Saturday, June 16, 2012

Re: VIM: best way to swap the Caps and esc, but JUST for vim



On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 10:18 AM, ping song <songpingemail@gmail.com> wrote:
experts:
this might be an old topic...but surprisingly I don't get a good answer from google easily...
in my work I use linux and I already swapped the esc/caps with xmodmap, so I don't have issue to do it for the whole computer (not just for vim).
but from time to time I need to borrow another windows PC, running cygwin terminal, ssh into my linux and work inside vim.
I don't want to affact other users/apps since this is not just my PC...
what's the best practice so far to just swap the 2 keys for VIM? or at least, change caps to esc.
most/all answers I got involves a system-wide configuration...
thanks!

regards
ping

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: