Saturday, June 2, 2012

Re: XIM Input Method for Motif Gvim

On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 03:01:12PM EDT, Christian Brabandt wrote:
> Hi Chris!
>
> On Sa, 02 Jun 2012, Chris Jones wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 08:08:04AM EDT, Christian Brabandt wrote:

> > > I have recently been working on the Motif GUI and noticed, that my
> > > gvim always show XIM INSERT, when in insert mode. I keep reading
> > > :h xim and mbyte-XIM, but I seem to be missing something. So my
> > > questions are:

> > > 1) Why is XIM enabled by default?
> > > 2) How do I use it?
> > > 3) And most importantly: How do I turn if off?

> > Do you have an IME set up..? Doesn't sound rational, but perhaps you
>
> Not that I know of. How would I set it up?

Hi Christian,

My undestanding is that you need to install an input server that covers
your particular data entry needs. I could be 100% wrong about that, but
that might explain the different web links on the help page. They point
to stuff that's not part of the Vim offering.

This was meant more as a general remark, though.. mostly to the effect
that it's much easier to figure out IME documentation when you have an
IME installed to play with.

Here's an ancient thread that may be of some interest:

| http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/vim-multibyte/message/351

Again, I may be sending you altogether down the wrong path..

Thanks,

CJ

--
Oh My God!!! Larry is back!

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: