Sunday, June 3, 2012

Repeat gq from : command line?

Hi,

let me know why these commands do not work:

1
while line(".") <= line("$")
:/^[[:lower:][:punct:]]/\{3,} normal gq /^\L^M
endwhile

What I'm trying to do is move the cursor to a line starting with at least 3
lower case letters or punctuation marks, then format the lines from there up
to the first line that starts with a capitol letter.

Then repeat this process again and again, until the cursor gets to the last
line.

What happens is I get a twirling / mark on the lower left part of the screen,
indicating (I think) the script is processing. It goes on forever and does
nothing. If I interrupt the script all the lines startng with 3 lower case
letters have been highlighted, but no (gq) formatting ever occurs.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: