Sunday, October 7, 2012

race condition after 2:" for ex-commands ? (or thrown away buffer?)

Helo,

when I fast type (for example)

: set noai

before starting to change to insert.-mode,
this command will not be executed.
But instead I will already be in insert-mode.

Somehow, if I don't wait for the ":" to appear in the
status line, one of the following characters
will be interpreted as one of the insert-mode commands
(e.g. "o" or "a" or "i").

Is this a known problem?
Can be really annoying if I always have to wait
until the ":" appears.

I would just like to type
------------
: set noai
I
and my text then here
------------

and hope that the system buffer will just make anything
available for vim.

Maybe vim does discard the input buffer, when it sees the ":"
but it also discards my command then.

I would like to have this probem fixed...

Ciao,
Oliver


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: