Thursday, November 28, 2013

Unable to compile Vim with support for lisp

By suggestion of Marc Weber and others, I tried to compile Vim with mzscheme. I was happy to learn that configure has an option for it. Then I typed:

~/edt/vim# ./configure --enable-mzschemeinterp

Here is what matters from the output of configure:

checking for mzscheme... (cached) /usr/local/bin/mzscheme
checking MzScheme install prefix... (cached) /home/ed/racket
checking if scheme.h can be found in /home/ed/racket/include... yes
checking for racket collects directory... /home/ed/racket/
checking for mzscheme_base.c... needed
checking for ffi_type_void in -lffi... (cached) yes
checking if compile and link flags for MzScheme are sane... no: MZSCHEME DISABLED


It seems that configure could not find this file mzscheme_base.c. Nor could I find it in the Internet. In fact, the only reference to such a file was in a post by a certain Bram Moleenarr that says, and I quote:

I have a problem building with the MzScheme interface on a newly updated
Ubuntu 12.10 system. The errors are:

/home/mool/vim/vim73/src/if_mzsch.c|632 col 3| error: #error MzScheme 4.x must include mzscheme_base.c

Then Serguey Khorev answers:

Have you run make autoconf?

Bram Moolenaar again:

Yes, autoconf has run. As I said, I don't see MZSCHEME_GENERATE_BASE
defined in the configure script anywhere.

I will be glad if a member of this group could tell me how to compile vim with mzscheme. It is possible that Serguey Khorev or Bram Moolenaar are reading this post, and could tell me the result of their discussion.




--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: