Friday, November 29, 2013

Re: vim slow, Lisp, etc.

Well, I tested the suggestion of adding --enable-pythoninterp to the command line, and compiling racket from sources. Now, everything is working beautifully. Thanks to everybody for helping me. I appreciated specially Marc Weber page, that contains many insightful observations about Vim. I am not sure whether I can help with coding, but I certainly will help with testing.

I believe that C. Campbell analyzed the problem of speeding up latex syntax highlighting, since his suggestions were quite useful. Besides this, I searched this group, and found another of his interesting posts (Slow Syntax Highlighting with Latex), where he offers a few additional suggestions.

Mzscheme (Racket) is really fast. I used the search engine that my friends use to build outlines of their pleadings, and noticed that Mzscheme is at least ten times faster than elisp.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: