Friday, July 3, 2015

Is it possible to redirect vim input?

Hi there,

I am looking to make vim work with gdb in an easy way I like. I looked around and does not seem to see a solution. There is gdbmgr but that means I still need to type in gdb command which is too long.

What I prefer is to let vim get input from my program, which sends editing input to vim so as to show a file, go to specific line, etc. This way I can press Fn hot keys, send commands to gdb, and move the cursor in vim as well. I can still edit in vim, and save the change, recompile and restart gdb.

So what I am looking to is basically sending input to vim through a pipe. Do you know a way to do so? vim probably does not get input from STDIN because reading from STDIN cannot respond to individual key strokes.

Thanks for any clue.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: