Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Re: already at oldest change - how to suppress this message

Hi Jim!

On Mo, 24 Apr 2017, Jim Wilmore wrote:

> I recently got a new laptop, so I decided I would install gvim80 after using gvim73 for many years.
> As an old Unix user from the 70s onward, I have quite a lot of customization, and when I discovered Gvim, my customization quadrupled.
> I finally have my new machine running gvim about the same as before. I had to set the guifont, but most everything else worked out. However, I keep getting the message "Already at oldest change" when I open a file. I am guessing this is related either to version control (which I handle independently when I need it) or some sort of temporary backup file (which I have turned off, at least in previous customizations).
> How do I turn off this message?!? I have browsed through the possible settings, and have found nothing yet. Help, please...

Looks like some configuration is issuing an undo command when it
shouldn't. Check your autocommands or your plugins. Also see the faq:
https://vimhelp.appspot.com/vim_faq.txt.html#faq-2.5


Best,
Christian
--
Ich bin bereit überall hinzugehen, wenn es nur vorwärts ist.
-- David Livingstone

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: