Saturday, April 15, 2017

Re: Substitution ignoring combining marks

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 2:54 PM, BPJ <bpj@melroch.se> wrote:
> It seems that I at some point, or a default, has set s/// to automatically
> ignore differences in combining marks, which at the moment is a problem
> since I'm searching for the word "ánd", with a combining accent, in a text
> with English as metalanguage![^1] I've looked around in the help and in my
> .vimrc to no avail. I guess I could comment out every uncommented :set in my
> .vimrc until I hit the right one :-) but hopefully one of you can give me
> the right answer quicker than that!

see :help patterns-composing

\Z anywhere in a pattern makes the whole pattern insensitive to
combining characters

\%C makes the immediately preceding atom (usually a letter) match
regardless of combining characters

Note: á (small latin a with acute U+00E1), á (small latin a U+0061
combining acute U+0301) and of course а́ (small cyrillic a U+0430
combining acute U+0301) are all different, none of them matches either
of the other two.


Best regards,
Tony.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: