Sunday, April 9, 2017

Colorscheme problems

Hi,

on my tablet I installed a chrooted Linux, and on that Linux I installed
(of course) vim.

While experimenting with colorschemes (the color rendering is a little
very different from my PC) I noticed some
"features" which seem a little weird for me...explanations are very
welcome:
(I am using vim, no gvim here)

* Regardless what colorscheme is loaded, the cursor color is a very dimm
and dark red background with black foreground.
* When I insert 'colorscheme phd' in the .vimrc as the only colorscheme
command and start vim after that, the colorscheme
does not load / colors are not changed. Giving the command
:colorscheme, I get 'phd' back.
Giving the command :colorscheme phd manually loads the colorscheme AND
changes the colors accordingly (beside the color of
the cursor (see above))
Other colorschemes are not affected from this "feature" ;)

The terminal from which I starts vim is a 256-color one and test scripts
seem to verify that.

I am a little clueless on that...why is the cursor insisting on its
nearly undectable color settings?
And why gets the 'phd' gets loaded only manually ?

Any help is very appreciated...Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers
Meino
--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: