Saturday, April 15, 2017

Re: What do you do when you make the wrong movement with 'c'?

On 2017-04-14 13:32, Mike Ciul wrote:
> What do you do when you use the wrong movement with a change? Do
> you soldier on in insert mode? Escape and undo? Escape and move to
> the right place before changing? Do you have habits or mnemonics
> that help you know where the cursor will be after you hit Escape?
> Or do you just chalk it up as a learning experience and try to
> avoid making the same mistake again?

The one that stands out as "most frequent" is the escape+undo, but
I've done a little of most of those depending on the context. I've
also been known to do the soldier on and then delete the remainder
after my insertion (not sure whether your "soldier on" included
making the deletions/edits in insert mode in addition to the text
insertion).

Additionally, I use t/T/f/F/;/, frequently which I've found improves
my accuracy. I tend not to use w/W/b/B/e/E nearly as much unless (1)
the word I'm in is clearly whitespace delineated letting me use
w/b/e and W/B/E interchangeably, and (2) I don't need to do a very
large count multiplier. I've found it's much easier for me to do a
quick visual count of "r"s and then use something like "c3tr".

-tim





--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: