Saturday, April 15, 2017

Substitution ignoring combining marks

It seems that I at some point, or a default, has set s/// to
automatically ignore differences in combining marks, which at the
moment is a problem since I'm searching for the word "ánd", with
a combining accent, in a text with English as metalanguage![^1]
I've looked around in the help and in my .vimrc to no avail. I
guess I could comment out every uncommented :set in my .vimrc
until I hit the right one :-) but hopefully one of you can give me
the right answer quicker than that!

TIA,

/bpj

[^1]: The metalanguage is the language a text about a linguistic
subject is written *in*, as opposed to the language(s) it is
written *about* which is/are the object language(s).

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: