Thursday, April 20, 2017

Re: Swap directory changes when opening files under /media [Fedora]

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 9:59:08 AM UTC-5, Ian wrote:
> I'm on Fedora 25. When I open files from mounted filesystems on /media vim runs this (from vim log):
>
> Executing BufReadPre Auto commands for "/media/*"
> autocommand set directory=~/tmp,/var/tmp,/tmp
>
> This changes my swap directory from what I want it to be and means I have swap files in two locations. How can I find out why this is happening? I set directory once in my profile:
>
> set directory=~/.vim/swap//
>
> Thanks

":verbose autocmd BufReadPre" will list out all installed BufReadPre autocmds and the script file that set up the autocmd.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: