Monday, April 17, 2017

Re: What do you do when you make the wrong movement with 'c'?

On Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11:45:05 AM UTC-4, Tim Chase wrote:

> Additionally, I use t/T/f/F/;/, frequently which I've found improves
> my accuracy. I tend not to use w/W/b/B/e/E nearly as much unless (1)
> the word I'm in is clearly whitespace delineated letting me use
> w/b/e and W/B/E interchangeably, and (2) I don't need to do a very
> large count multiplier. I've found it's much easier for me to do a
> quick visual count of "r"s and then use something like "c3tr".

Cool! That's really useful. I've never tried using a count with t or f... maybe I will.

I'm always surprised when people say "nobody knows what ; does" or "nobody uses ;" - I use it all the time! I'm not very good at visually counting occurrences of a letter on a line, so it comes in handy. I even use , to back up when I've hit it too many times...

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: