Friday, November 16, 2018

Re: Using Vim as a Browser Bookmark Manager - Auto Recursive Folding - Voom working well !

People,


On 2018-11-16 03:24, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> People,
>
> Actually I think the Vim plugin Voom will do what I want nicely! - but
> it would be nice if someone had a solution to the original question .
> .


After quite a few hours of hacking and massaging a very large Chrome
Bookmark file, I now have something that is working well and with a
Chrome extension to copy the page Title and URL into the clipboard, I
can immediately paste it into the Vim edited Bookmarks.txt file. I can
also open a link from the file using "<leader>w" too.

See attached screencapture.

P.



> On 2018-11-16 02:58, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>> People,
>>
>> Since the Bookmark Managers in different browsera generally drive me
>> crazy - because they can never do everything what I want, I am going
>> to experiment with a Bookmarks plain text file that I can manage in
>> Vim - I can start a browser with a new tab from Vim when the cursor is
>> over an URL - so if I can get the auto folding working I should have
>> everything I need. If I have a structure like:
>>
>> FOLDER aaa
>> FOLDER aaa-1
>> URL 1
>> URL 2
>> URL 3
>> URL 4
>> FOLDER aaa-2
>> URL 5
>> URL 6
>> URL 7
>> URL 8
>> FOLDER aaa-2-1
>> URL 9
>> URL 10
>> URL 11
>> URL 12
>> FOLDER aaa-3
>> URL 13
>> URL 14
>> URL 15
>> URL 16
>> URL 17 # ie directly under folder "aaa"
>> URL 18 # ie directly under folder "aaa"
>> URL 19 # ie directly under folder "aaa"
>> URL 20 # ie directly under folder "aaa"
>> FOLDER bbb
>> FOLDER bbb-1
>> URL 21
>> URL 22
>> URL 23
>> URL 24
>>
>> - the auto folding would have to allow for nesting so a fold would
>> start on the word "FOLDER" and continue to the last line before the
>> next word "FOLDER" with the same level of indentation or until a
>> change of indentation occurs.
>>
>> Suggestions about how to do this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Phil.
>> --
>> Philip Rhoades
>>
>> PO Box 896
>> Cowra NSW 2794
>> Australia
>> E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au
>>
>> --
>
> --
> Philip Rhoades
>
> PO Box 896
> Cowra NSW 2794
> Australia
> E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au
>
> --

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: