Thursday, November 15, 2018

Using Vim as a Browser Bookmark Manager - Auto Recursive Folding

People,

Since the Bookmark Managers in different browsera generally drive me
crazy - because they can never do everything what I want, I am going to
experiment with a Bookmarks plain text file that I can manage in Vim - I
can start a browser with a new tab from Vim when the cursor is over an
URL - so if I can get the auto folding working I should have everything
I need. If I have a structure like:

FOLDER aaa
FOLDER aaa-1
URL 1
URL 2
URL 3
URL 4
FOLDER aaa-2
URL 5
URL 6
URL 7
URL 8
FOLDER aaa-2-1
URL 9
URL 10
URL 11
URL 12
FOLDER aaa-3
URL 13
URL 14
URL 15
URL 16
URL 17 # ie directly under folder "aaa"
URL 18 # ie directly under folder "aaa"
URL 19 # ie directly under folder "aaa"
URL 20 # ie directly under folder "aaa"
FOLDER bbb
FOLDER bbb-1
URL 21
URL 22
URL 23
URL 24

- the auto folding would have to allow for nesting so a fold would start
on the word "FOLDER" and continue to the last line before the next word
"FOLDER" with the same level of indentation or until a change of
indentation occurs.

Suggestions about how to do this?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: