Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Re: Using Vim to manage my Browser Bookmarks for all my devices from my own server - another solution

People,


On 2018-11-14 00:32, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> People,
>
> All the Browser Bookmark Manager and syncing tools etc don't do enough
> of what I would like to be able to do - I have been thinking that if I
> could securely share a text file for bookmarks from my Fedora Server
> and be able to edit it with the server's Vim, I would have my
> bookmarks in a form that I could do nearly everything I wanted to
> using folds, sorting etc
>
> I realise the biggest problem is probably security but assuming that
> could be resolved, do people have suggestions about how I could get
> this scenario to work?


Another solution would be to create a GVim app for Google Drive like
"Drive Notepad":


https://www.techgainer.com/create-edit-text-files-txt-php-etc-google-drive

? - is this actually possible?

Phil.


> Thanks,
>
> Phil.
> --
> Philip Rhoades
>
> PO Box 896
> Cowra NSW 2794
> Australia
> E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au
>
> --

--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896
Cowra NSW 2794
Australia
E-mail: phil@pricom.com.au

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: