Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Re: snipMate doesn't work with pathogen

I use XPTemplate without issue.

~Adam~


On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 08:28, Asis Hallab <asis.hallab@googlemail.com> wrote:
Dear all,

I installed the latest version of pathogen and snipmate.
I put Snipmate into a ~/.vim/bundle/snipMate directory.
In my ~/.vimrc I call pathogen#runtime_append_all_bundles()

Snipmate only works, if I install it into my ~/.vim-directory directly by unzipping it there.
This has been somewhat annoying, for I do like Pathogen's idea of keeping plugins in their separate directories and
I had to spent half a working day to figure out, why snipmate doesn't work.

I have to say -and please don't get to angry about this-
Plugin-Management is way easier and much more concise in Emacs!

Anyway, if anyone knows a way to make snipMate work with pathogen,
or can fix this or can point me to a better Snippet-Plugin, that works with pathogen,
please do write me. I shall be utmost grateful!

Cheers!

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: