Saturday, February 4, 2012

Re: Cohabitation of NERDTree and VCSCommand plugins.

Hi Bob,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 21:44, Bob Hiestand <bob.hiestand@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Bob Hiestand <bob.hiestand@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Bob Hiestand <bob.hiestand@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Please feel free to test either set of changes.  I will take a look
>>> at NERDTree in the somewhat near future and validate the changes
>>> myself, but don't have a lot of time at the moment.
>>
>> I was apparently optimistic.  I took a quick look and my changes don't
>> seem to work.  You're better off with Piotr's changes for now,
>> assuming you don't depend on 1.99.44+ of vcscommand.
>
> Guido,
>
> The version at:
>
>  http://repo.or.cz/w/vcscommand.git/shortlog/refs/heads/nerdtree
>
> ... is starting to look like it's working on several VCS.  Please let
> me know if it works for you.

I have tried VCSCommit, VCSDiff and VCSStatus commands on a nerdtree
buffer and they worked very well. I assume that this nerdtree branch
will also work with other directory level commands.

As far as I am concerned, the functionality is OK with this newer
version.

I've got one 'appearance' suggestion to even improve it:

The Nerdtree buffer is usually located in a smaller left window. When
one launches VCSStatus (or whatever related command), it creates a split
in that small window, which is really not very useful. Currently I
change my window configuration so that the nerdtree window becomes the
only window, and then the vcscommand windows have a usable size.

I suggest that vcscommand windows against the nerdtree buffer be created
like when one hits 'i' on a file in the nerdtree (called 'open split' in
nerdtree help file)

Anyway Bob, thanks for this change.

I am sure it will be most welcomed by the community.

With kind regards,


Guido

--
"The C Programming Language -- A language which combines the
flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language."

http://vanhoecke.org ... and go2 places!

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: