Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Re: NERDTree Issue opening files with gVim

From: pghtech <max.mccarty@verizon.net>
To: vim_use <vim_use@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:04 PM
Subject: NERDTree Issue opening files with gVim

I am having an issue opening any file through NERDTREE in gVim.  It
appears after I get the below error message, that it opens a new
buffer at the specified file's path with the file's name.  However, I
can open the file directly through

:e path/filename

I can also run VIM (not gVim) and open the file through NERDTree

I have ran it with an empty _vimrc file to see if there is any
settings in the _vimrc that could be causing the problem.  I have also
looked up:

:help E303

And tried setting

set directory = .,$TEMP

and I don't get the error any longer, but it doesn't open the file it
acts as if it is opening a new buffer.


ERROR:
Error detected while processing function <SNR>9_KeyMap_Invoke..
32..31..<SNR>9_activateFileNode..56..75..118..119..136:
Line 1:
E303 Unable To open swap file for "the file path and name"
"file path and name" [New DIRECTORY]


-------------------------------------------

I found that I can copy the directory in question to a non root drive (i.e. D).  However, even if I am part of the local administrators group OR run GVim as administrator, it doesn't make a difference.


No comments: