Thursday, February 2, 2012

Re: vim-orgmode

Hi Eric,

Do you know Emacs' Orgmode? - I assume you don't know it. In the words
of the original developers it's "your life in plain text" (http://
orgmode.org/).

Basically Orgmode organizes everything around headings and subheadings
and sub*headings. To create a new heading in vim-orgmode press <S-
CR>. One big strength of Orgmode is it's ability to hide unwanted
content and display only the parts you really need. That's it. A more
detailed explanation can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJTwQvgfgMM

vim-orgmode doesn't have all the features Emacs' Orgmode has but it
has a good coverage of the basic features. The help file gives a good
overview.

Cheers,

Jan Christoph


On 2 Feb., 11:44, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I installed vim-orgmode about a month or so ago. I've perused the manual and for the life of me--and here I recognize I'm displaying my technological ineptitude--I cannot figure out how to get started using it. Usually I find some way, and then I can start asking half-way intelligent questions. With vim-orgmode all I can do is confess my ignorance: Anybody out there who could help me get started?
>
> FWIW, I have not installed any of the recommended plugins, partly because they're recommended and partly because at this point there is no point.
>
> Thanks,
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Eric Weir
>
> "With an ounce of willingness, everything can change."
>
> - Kim

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: