Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Re: delete between lines problem

franco00@gmx.com, Wed 2012-03-28 @ 12:16:01+0200:
> I often find myself with this kind of problem. I would like to go from
> this
>
> main :: IO ()
> main = first line of something -- cursors is somewhere here
> second line of something
>
> to this
>
> main :: IO ()
> main = second line of something
>
> Generally speaking, i move through "first line of something" with 'w'
> and 'b', press 'D' and then 'x'... but the latter part is not working
> as I expect (i.e. bringing 'up' the second line).
>
> I looked in the manual on how to modify x behaviour, but I wondered
> if there is another (more simple or more 'correct') solution

You can join a line with its successor by pressing J.

If the cursor were on the right-hand side of the '=' in your main
function, I'd press T=DJ to get the result you want.

T= Move the cursor left until adjacent to the '='
D Delete from the cursor to the end of the line
J Join with the next line

No comments: