Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Re: netrw and line highlighting

Great! I'm always excited to help make things better if people are
interested. However, I've upgraded to the version from the mercurial
repository and the anomaly seems to have disappeared. So I'm
perfectly happy now.

- Aaron

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Charles Campbell
<Charles.E.Campbell@nasa.gov> wrote:
> sc wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 06:25:29PM -0400, Aaron Bohannon wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>
>>
>>>
>>> I started using netrw in tree mode.  In tree mode (and all of its
>>> other single-column modes), it highlights the entire line containing
>>> the cursor.  That's cool, but the problem is that when I hit 'o' or
>>> 't' to open a file, the behavior of highlighting the entire line
>>> persists in the newly opened window/tab.  That's not so cool.  I
>>> should say it *sometimes* persists.  It usually doesn't when I hit 'o'
>>> but it usually does when I use 't' to open the file in new a tab.  I
>>> guess there is a bug in vim or netrw, but I imagine I could solve the
>>> issue with my own autocommand if I knew how to manually disable the
>>> highlighting of the line.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>>>
>>
>> current line gets highlighted with the relatively new feature,
>> 'cursorline' -- you turn it off with 'set nocursorline'
>>
>> before you go clogging your vim with autocommands, wait just a
>> bit -- i know from personal experience charles wants to know
>> when netrw is overriding ppl's settings and will work with you
>> to get it fixed until it is
>>
>> if you just patch your vim with an autocommand, you fix one vim
>> -- if you work with charles to fix netrw, everyone gets a better
>> vim
>>
>
> Hello!
>
> I'm afraid that I don't see this with v144d of netrw.  Please check into
> this issue with v144d...
>
> http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW
>
> (and I do try to address these issues as sc says! )
>
> HTH,
> Chip Campbell
>
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: