Friday, March 30, 2012

Re: :help WITHOUT split screen

On Friday, March 30, 2012 2:24:48 PM UTC+2, jott...@googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:
> > This is one of my biggest bug bears and it drives me absolutely nuts:
> >
> > Is there a way to prevent :help from splitting the window?!
> > I never, ever want a horizontal split. I'd just like to see the help
> > text in a new tab.
> >
> >
> > I mostly use gvim, sometimes vim. So I need a solution that works in
> > both cases.
>
> :tab help topic

I always use that method to read help pages. In fact I have added an abbreviation in my .vimrc for it:
cabbrev help tab help
Now whenever you start typing :help on the commandline and press the spacebar the enter the subject, it will automatically expand to 'tab help'.

Jeroen

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: