Saturday, March 31, 2012

Re: E365 hardcopy

On 31/03/12 13:38, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Hi, all.
>
> Out of the blue this morning my Debian Squeeze Vim (7.2.445 console=huge
> GUI=gtk2+huge) has started throwing the hardcopy error:
>
> `E365: Failed to print Postscript file`
>
> this is on both the GUI & console Debian supplied Vims.
>
> Apt hasn't downloaded & installed any print updates recently & I can
> print the same test files from gedit, etc.
>
> Last time I had this on setting up Vim on Fedora it was a print
> preferences error (different name for the printer than specified in my
> vimrc) but this is not the case in this instance.
>
> I printed from this Vim on this machine a couple of days ago no problem
> & I haven't altered my runtime or machine settings in the meantime.
>
> Any help appreciated,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil...
>

- Any recent changes in the PostScript / groff / other related… packages
on your system?
- See also ":help print.txt" and in particular:
- :help print-intro
- :help print-options


Best regards,
Tony.
--
Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual hardware. Hardware
has limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing
machines are so poor at I/O.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: