Wednesday, March 28, 2012

selinux error saving file on remote mount

This is a follow-on from my (un-replied-to) post a couple of days ago
about continually getting "Press ENTER" prompts when saving files.

After much recompiling, debugging and general planking about, it
transpires that there's an selinux error message being "displayed". I say
displayed, as I had to add debug to redirect all output to a debug file to
see it; it must be being overwritten by the status line.

I get:

Could not set security context for /home/user/jobby


Now, I'm on Scientfic Linux 6.2 with selinux enabled but permissive. The
files (now I know what to look for) that cause me problems are on NFS & CIFS
mounts that don't support extended attributes. The following is happening:

getxattr("/home/user/jobby", "security.selinux",
"system_u:object_r:nfs_t:s0", 255) = 27
setxattr("/home/user/jobby", "security.selinux",
"unconfined_u:object_r:file_t:s0", 32, 0) = -1 EOPNOTSUPP (Operation not
supported)


So, the question is: how can I stop vim from trying to set selinux
attributes on a file that can't take them?


FWIW, CIFS mounts return security.selinux="system_u:object_r:cifs_t:s0"

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
ls: .signature: No such file or directory
[neil@fnx ~]# exit

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: