Friday, March 30, 2012

Re: :help WITHOUT split screen

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 13:51, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz
<vim@numerixtechnology.de> wrote:
> This is one of my biggest bug bears and it drives me absolutely nuts:
>
> Is there a way to prevent :help from splitting the window?!
> I never, ever want a horizontal split. I'd just like to see the help
> text in a new tab.

Same here

>
>
> I mostly use gvim, sometimes vim. So I need a solution that works in
> both cases.
>

I have this command abbreviation:

" h open help in new tab
cabbrev h tab help

So whenever I ask help with ':h' it just opens a new tab with it.

HTH,


Guido

--
What I want is all of the power and none of the responsibility.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: