Saturday, March 31, 2012

Re: E365 hardcopy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 31/03/2012 14:23, Tony Mechelynck wrote:

> On 31/03/12 13:38, Phil Dobbin wrote:

>> Out of the blue this morning my Debian Squeeze Vim (7.2.445 console=huge
>> GUI=gtk2+huge) has started throwing the hardcopy error:
>>
>> `E365: Failed to print Postscript file`
>>
>> this is on both the GUI & console Debian supplied Vims.
>>
>> Apt hasn't downloaded & installed any print updates recently & I can
>> print the same test files from gedit, etc.
>>
>> Last time I had this on setting up Vim on Fedora it was a print
>> preferences error (different name for the printer than specified in my
>> vimrc) but this is not the case in this instance.
>>
>> I printed from this Vim on this machine a couple of days ago no problem
>> & I haven't altered my runtime or machine settings in the meantime.

> - Any recent changes in the PostScript / groff / other related… packages
> on your system?
> - See also ":help print.txt" and in particular:
> - :help print-intro
> - :help print-options


Hi, Tony.

No, nothing has changed on the system (only nagios has been installed &
that came without the print monitor option) & I've read & re-read the
above help files several times but nothing in there seems to be relevant.

`h: E365` isn't much help either I find, so I'm stumped. I have exactly
the same runtime files on my Vim in OS X & that's OK so that probably
excludes a plugin problem.

I'll have to run `dpkg -l` & sift through that to see if I can spot
anything blindingly obvious but I'd've thought if that was the case all
the other apps that I can print from would suffer too (lpr can print
from the command line too).

Cheers,

Phil...

- --
But masters, remember that I am an ass.
Though it be not written down,
yet forget not that I am an ass.

Wm. Shakespeare - Much Ado About Nothing


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: §auto-key-locate cert pka ldap hkp://keys.gnupg.net
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJPdyrVAAoJEKpMeDHWT5ADz+sIALb6N7cSOuUKFXLcNgtQGGj/
OC8tGt6+LSBpZakg9I72tFcRaQk0qrjPyacEaLui1np3wtU9BPSbCMEj97+eNo04
J7cqwOY26Jj3O1zb7rjYb7v1NfURGlB2eRC8FpV3ZW6K6oibMryaUYxZkgRA/y+O
vk/IMbRaMG/K3ZYxesSbM63ylhlyPniURPyuioKknZ6liAaviV9H014CQY463jUe
glw07yE0tY/dXfI6lhCkEdLEgtRODrazrAh1t1uTFgkfz4bxvVnOAbaJaDR/R0ZC
O9OaKhw8vmagKVB/4DZf15NuB1R9YHw5W1UfKOI3+BjTQrClWC/G6eA1aWO/QpI=
=ufzp
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: