Saturday, March 31, 2012

Re: E365 hardcopy

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 31/03/2012 17:03, Phil Dobbin wrote:

> On 31/03/2012 14:23, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
>
>> On 31/03/12 13:38, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>
>>> Out of the blue this morning my Debian Squeeze Vim (7.2.445
>>> console=huge GUI=gtk2+huge) has started throwing the hardcopy
>>> error:
>>>
>>> `E365: Failed to print Postscript file`
>>>
>>> this is on both the GUI & console Debian supplied Vims.
>>>
>>> Apt hasn't downloaded & installed any print updates recently &
>>> I can print the same test files from gedit, etc.
>>>
>>> Last time I had this on setting up Vim on Fedora it was a
>>> print preferences error (different name for the printer than
>>> specified in my vimrc) but this is not the case in this
>>> instance.
>>>
>>> I printed from this Vim on this machine a couple of days ago no
>>> problem & I haven't altered my runtime or machine settings in
>>> the meantime.
>
>> - Any recent changes in the PostScript / groff / other related…
>> packages on your system? - See also ":help print.txt" and in
>> particular: - :help print-intro - :help print-options

> No, nothing has changed on the system (only nagios has been
> installed & that came without the print monitor option) & I've read
> & re-read the above help files several times but nothing in there
> seems to be relevant.
>
> `h: E365` isn't much help either I find, so I'm stumped. I have
> exactly the same runtime files on my Vim in OS X & that's OK so
> that probably excludes a plugin problem.
>
> I'll have to run `dpkg -l` & sift through that to see if I can
> spot anything blindingly obvious but I'd've thought if that was the
> case all the other apps that I can print from would suffer too (lpr
> can print from the command line too).


I solved the hardcopy problem by commenting out the `pdev` line in my
vimrc. Why Vim decided it was no longer correct is a mystery. It
hadn't changed for months. I can only surmise that a fractional change
in something somewhere caused this but I haven't been able to trace it.

Before, Vim wouldn't print without it, now it won't print with it.

Cheers,

Phil...

- --
But masters, remember that I am an ass.
Though it be not written down,
yet forget not that I am an ass.

Wm. Shakespeare - Much Ado About Nothing


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: §auto-key-locate cert pka ldap hkp://keys.gnupg.net
Comment: GPGTools - http://gpgtools.org
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJPd5b5AAoJEKpMeDHWT5ADxO4IAIRf2K1GfTxl/xdKbD2Sklml
/wqZjzv0Hz2mOQzGKzyEQ438aB5nDH3TfgjW9T5bTlIkOepvkjA/B7F8++1twGr1
GliU35r+3KzazkqkZW3comHDbwct9t9XTXyRVKkZ0z4GZLOq3m1R8xDpemiKwojn
jAPxjuZPTaX2VQw9dUUyDDLIyO4+ilYWrrYKK93LHqMusU7zhmWrUa7e+HC41Qr/
MOsNjrne02msXY5Kf6SMvO9LDcWSfa3O4aaJ5OdnrC4+1xgGF27A7ibGSbMjkK93
oN5nK2Q7rcoNnujclJXHhXzkYJnLglRUd4LQL9Nbiua7g7XZQ9Pofb5/6ULC1nk=
=eup8
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: