Friday, April 27, 2012

gtk-config not even tried

I have two HP-UX machines say A and B with HP-UX 11.11 and 11.31
respectively. I'have compiled gvim 7.3 from source an B, and gvim 7.0
on A, both with same options for configure..

On A, gvim uses "version with GTK GUI", Compilation with gcc (...) -
DFEAT_GUI_GTK and all works fine.

On B, gvim looks different and uses "version with X11-Motif GUI",
compilation with -DFEAT_GUI_MOTIF.

Here ssh -X does not copy paste on selection:

- copy/paste via select works on a GVim window on A, but not on B.
- When I select some text in the GVim window, I can paste it via
right-click within that window, but I cannot paste it into another
window in X. When I select something on another X-Window, I can paste
it within X but when I paste into the GVim window, it pastes the last
thing selected in the GVim window, not the last thing selected an X.

This problem is described elsewhere and the solution was to build gvim
using gtk2.

The Problem is: I cannot rebuild gvim with gtk. Although I have
installed GTK+ on the machine via HP depot (GTK 2.6) and using gtk+ is
called default in the Makefile configure ends up with compiler option
"gcc (...) -DFEAT_GUI_MOTIF".

to be more specific:
configure gives:

checking --enable-gui argument... yes/auto - automatic GUI support
checking whether or not to look for GTK+ 2... yes

but doesn't search for gtk Libraries. It only looks for Motif:

checking for location of Motif GUI libs... /usr/lib/Motif1.1

It doesn't tell me that it is missing anything I can provide!
In the directory "auto" the file configure.log shows no failure in
searching for GTk, it just doesnt look for!

configure:7577: result: yes/auto - automatic GUI support
configure:7609: checking whether or not to look for GTK+ 2
configure:7618: result: yes
configure:7627: checking whether or not to look for GNOME
configure:7636: result: no
configure:7644: checking whether or not to look for Motif
configure:7653: result: yes
configure:7661: checking whether or not to look for Athena
configure:7670: result: yes
configure:7678: checking whether or not to look for neXtaw
configure:7687: result: yes
configure:7695: checking whether or not to look for Carbon
configure:7704: result: yes
configure:7752: checking --disable-gtktest argument
configure:7762: result: gtk test enabled
configure:7772: checking for pkg-config
configure:7803: result: no
configure:8035: checking for location of Motif GUI includes
configure:8047: result: in default path
configure:8062: checking --with-motif-lib argument
configure:8076: result: no
configure:8081: checking for location of Motif GUI libs
configure:8099: result: /usr/lib/Motif1.1
configure:8202: checking for XShapeQueryExtension in -lXext


And make starts with OPTION Motif:

avalenti@ncc1n:/usr/local/src/vim/vim73/src >make | tee make-
minimal.results
mkdir objects
CC="gcc -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_MOTIF -I/usr/local/
include " srcdir=. sh ./osdef.sh
gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_MOTIF -I/usr/local/
include -g -O2 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1 -o objects/buffer.o buffer.c
(...)

If I force usings gtk with

configure --enable-gui=gtk2

make ends up with no error but gvim says:

"E25: GUI cannot be used: Not enabled at compile time"

In another thread here in vim_use I saw configure mention using gtk-
config.
I don't get any message from configure, that it tries or searches for
gtk-config.

It's in my search-path, but it is not used by gvim build procedure.

avalenti@ncc1n:/opt/gtk2.6/lib >type gtk-config
gtk-config is /usr/local/bin/gtk-config

How can I force gvim to compile using gtk2?



--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: