Friday, April 27, 2012

Re: Colorschemes and split window

On Friday, April 27, 2012 6:18:29 PM UTC+2, Ben Fritz wrote:
> On Friday, April 27, 2012 10:56:55 AM UTC-5, rameo wrote:
> > I use this code in my .vimrc to use my dark colorscheme when I open a .vim page and my light colorscheme when I open whatever other page:
> >
> > augroup filetype_colorscheme
> > au BufEnter *
> > \ if !exists('b:colors_name')
> > \ | if &ft == "vim"
> > \ | let b:colors_name = 'color_dark'
> > \ | else
> > \ | let b:colors_name = 'color_light'
> > \ | endif
> > \ | endif
> > \ | exe 'colorscheme' b:colors_name
> > augroup END
> >
> > However, it doesn't work fine in split windows.
> > When I click on a .vim file in the split window all not .vim files changes to the dark colorscheme as well.
> > I would like to keep them their own colorscheme; a .vim page always the dark colorscheme and whatever other file always the light colorscheme.
> >
> > I've learned that colorschemes will always affect the entire vim instance and that it is not possible to have a different color scheme per split window.
> >
> > In that point I would like to disable above code for split windows in order to give all split windows the default colorscheme (which I can change afterwards using :color "colorscheme") but don't know how to realize this. Whatever I tried didn't do what I want it to do.
> > Can anyone help me?
>
> You can check the number of windows with winnr('$'). If > 1, you have multiple split windows.

Hi Ben,

That's what I tried.
But wherever I put it in above code it doesn't work.
Where would you place this in above code?

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: