Friday, April 27, 2012

Re: Colorschemes and split window

On Friday, April 27, 2012 8:29:03 PM UTC+2, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
> On 27/04/12 18:34, rameo wrote:
> > On Friday, April 27, 2012 6:18:29 PM UTC+2, Ben Fritz wrote:
> >> On Friday, April 27, 2012 10:56:55 AM UTC-5, rameo wrote:
> >>> I use this code in my .vimrc to use my dark colorscheme when I open a .vim page and my light colorscheme when I open whatever other page:
> >>>
> >>> augroup filetype_colorscheme
> >>> au BufEnter *
> >>> \ if !exists('b:colors_name')
> >>> \ | if &ft == "vim"
> >>> \ | let b:colors_name = 'color_dark'
> >>> \ | else
> >>> \ | let b:colors_name = 'color_light'
> >>> \ | endif
> >>> \ | endif
> >>> \ | exe 'colorscheme' b:colors_name
> >>> augroup END
> >>>
> >>> However, it doesn't work fine in split windows.
> >>> When I click on a .vim file in the split window all not .vim files changes to the dark colorscheme as well.
> >>> I would like to keep them their own colorscheme; a .vim page always the dark colorscheme and whatever other file always the light colorscheme.
> >>>
> >>> I've learned that colorschemes will always affect the entire vim instance and that it is not possible to have a different color scheme per split window.
> >>>
> >>> In that point I would like to disable above code for split windows in order to give all split windows the default colorscheme (which I can change afterwards using :color "colorscheme") but don't know how to realize this. Whatever I tried didn't do what I want it to do.
> >>> Can anyone help me?
> >>
> >> You can check the number of windows with winnr('$'). If > 1, you have multiple split windows.
> >
> > Hi Ben,
> >
> > That's what I tried.
> > But wherever I put it in above code it doesn't work.
> > Where would you place this in above code?
> >
>
> Around your autocommand:
>
> augroup filetype_colorscheme
> au BufEnter *
> \ if winnr('$') == 1
> \ | if !exists('b:colors_name')
> \ | if &ft == "vim"
> \ | let b:colors_name = 'color_dark'
> \ | else
> \ | let b:colors_name = 'color_light'
> \ | endif
> \ | endif
> \ | exe 'colorscheme' b:colors_name
> \ | else
> \ | colorscheme default
> | | endif
> augroup END
>
> or (maybe more readable)
>
> function SetColors()
> if exists('b:colors_name')
> exe 'colorscheme' b:colors_name
> return
> endif
> if winnr('$') > 1
> colorscheme default
> elseif &ft == 'vim'
> colorscheme color_dark
> else
> colorscheme color_light
> endif
> let b:colors_name = g:colors_name
> endfunction
> augroup filetype_colorscheme
> au BufEnter * call SetColors()
> augroup END
>
> This way, the autocommand will be defined unconditionally, but if it
> finds that at BufEnter three are more than one window in the current tab
> it will go back to the default scheme.
>
>
> Best regards,
> Tony.
> --
> Actor: So what do you do for a living?
> Doris: I work for a company that makes deceptively shallow serving
> dishes for Chinese restaurants.
> -- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

Thank you very much.

Just one little thing..

What I noted is that when I have a split window it gives the default colorscheme (that's ok) but I would like to have the possibility to change the colorscheme of all split buffers in a window with the :color "colorscheme" command (and if possible keep this colorscheme when I switch from one Tab to another and back to the split window or when I click in another split buffer in the split window.
(when I have multiple .vim files in the split window I prefer the dark colorscheme, when I have multiple .txt files in the split, I prefer the light colorscheme. That isn't possible now. When I use :color "colorscheme" and click in another split window all other split windows changes again to the default colorscheme)

Is it possible to do?

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: