Friday, April 27, 2012

Re: Plugin manager with dependencies and selective bundle load



2012/4/27 Marc Weber <marco-oweber@gmx.de>
Excerpts from Pablo Giménez's message of Thu Apr 26 20:00:23 +0200 2012:
> I dont know exactly how it works but this is what it is doing ans is great.
> AFAIK in vam you have to activate the plugins manually using
> ActivateAddons, then the plugin rather than being waiting to be called it
> is loaded.

There is a 'func not defined' hook which can be used. Maybe that is
used.
You're right, VAM does not support such yet.
Feel free to use VAM to :InstallAddons only and use tplugin for
activating them.
Yep I think I am going to try this route .

My understanding of pludins is:

plugin/*.vim: everything the user can customize (settings, interface,
mappings, commansds)

autoload/*: everything else
This is also what I think about how to develop plugins, problem arise if you want to override all the public interface, like commands or keymaps for your own ones and mainly use what is uner autoload.

VAM has an experimental function to "merge" all plugin/* files so that
only one file is sources - but this still assumes that plugins only put
minimal configuration into the plugin files - and the if .. finish line
may be causing trouble easily and such.

Due to commands I personally assume that plugin files should always be
read - you're right, you can replace commansds/ mappings by "fake"
implementations activating a plugin first.
Before you make me spend time on such do profiling and tell me what's
causing most trouble to you.

> Yep sorry my bad I got this working.
You're welcome. Its easy to miss a detail if there is so much new stuff.

plugin2 depending on plugin1 and auto activation:
Retry again. This would be a serious bug.
Auto activation, Ill look into the dos for this, I dont know about the autoactivation feature.

If can't make it work I can invite you to a SSH session so that you can
proof me that its behaving wrong easily.

Marc Weber
Thanks!

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php



--
Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: