Friday, April 27, 2012

Re: gvim auto copy selected text to clipboard

The problem is solved !
In this thread you can take a patch from Christian Brabandt which make
possible behavior described in Subject and test case.

http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/1b50de7f4163dbb5/b36e113b3abebad9?lnk=gst&q=vakulenko&pli=1


On Apr 24, 8:33 am, Chris Jones <cjns1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 06:07:24PM EDT, Gary Johnson wrote:
> > On 2012-04-23, Chris Jones wrote:
>
> [..]
>
> > > From a more general perspective, the OP could use the 'autocutsel'
> > > program that keeps X11's clipboard & primary selection in sync'.
>
> > Inspired by this discussion, I decided to install autocutsel and see
> > how that works out.
>
> Did the same but haven't looked into setting it up. Provided the tool
> works as I think it does, namely that from the user's perspective it
> makes the X clipboard and the PRIMARY selection behave as one, the
> question is, do I really want that..? IOW, what are the implications?
>
> It looks as if all the OP wants is X11 to work like Microsoft Windows
> with just one single mechanism & clipboard..?
>
> I rather dread revisiting these issues and fiddling with my environment
> at this point.. I have about ten pages of notes on the subject that
> would likely need to be updated.. I think I'll wait till I upgrade to
> 7.3 so I'm able to see for myself whether the new clipboard=unnamedplus
> option makes any difference.
>
> X was designed by computer scientists.. maybe that's the problem.
>
> CJ
>
> --
> Hi! My name is bobby...

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: