Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Re: Can vim be made to start with selected files already open?

On May 24, 2012, at 7:26 AM, Michael Henry wrote:

> There are lots of ways, and I'm sure others might suggest some
> of them. I routinely save my state before exiting Vim using
> something like this::
>
> :mksession ~/SomeSessionName.vim
>
> When I restart Vim, I manually reload my session like this::
>
> :source ~/SomeSessionName.vim

Weird. When I do :mksession ~\startup.vim a second time, i.e., after having quit vim and restarting, I get a message saying the file exists and to add "!" to overwrite. When I do that, however, the file gets saved as startup.vim! Then on the next source it loads the previous session, not the last one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA
eeweir@bellsouth.net

"Style is truth."

- Ray Bradbury

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: