Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Re: Can vim be made to start with selected files already open?

On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 4:33:17 PM UTC-5, sc wrote:
>
> The thing I don't like about session files is they save a whole lot
> more than just the buffer list. Every setting is saved, and if
> between uses you change something in your .vimrc, it will be over-
> ridden by the session file.
>

:help 'sessionoptions'

>
> I try to avoid all plugins -- they are a source of unexpected
> behavior.
>

That seems a bit extreme. While I like making my own customizations when I can, if someone else has already solved a difficult problem I'd rather use their solution and send them fixes if I find problems, than struggle to come up with a partial solution that fails in corner cases they've already worked out.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: