Friday, November 30, 2012

Re: email plugin

On 11/30/2012 5:34 PM, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
> I'd sum up this thread:
>
> 1. Vmail:
>
> This seems to be the kind of thing I look for. But it depends on
> sqlite3, ruby, lynx and maybe some other packages so get:
>
> ERROR: Error installing vmail:
> ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.
>
> 2. Vim as an external editor for email client X (including mutt and
> "Text Editor Anywhere"):
>
> This is exactly the opposite of what I'd like to achieve. I'd like to
> have _real_ vim plugin for emailing so I can take advantage of some
> other plugins, omni completion, scripting, folding... all that stuff
> where vim excels.
>
> You may oppose: "So you want vim to be like that Operating System
> lacking a decent editor?". Yes, sort of. I think there's a point
> having everything under one roof: The synergy effect.
>
> Thanks for your replies
>
> Bost
>


Consider The Mail Suite (TMS):
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1052

I used to use this for many years when I was on 32-bit Microsoft
Windows. Since I moved to 64 bit, I have not been able to find or to
build Vim with support for 64 bit perl, and so am not sure what tweaks
will need to be done to make it work under 64 bit Microsoft Windows and
64 bit perl. Also, when I had access to a linux system, I had verified
that TMS works there; no idea what tweaks will need to be done to make
TMS work under newer linux releases.

--Suresh


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: