Monday, November 26, 2012

Re: Vim vs GVim

On 2012-11-20 04:53, Heldraug wrote:
> Just for the sake of it. Which flavor of Vim do you guys use? I which operative system? Prefered colorscheme? Reason?
>
> I use terminal Vim only with a bunch of things loaded from pathogen. I keep my personal configuration in Github so it's straightforward to get it up and running.
>
> I use mainly Arch Linux with Terminator and OS X with iTerm. I don't really like GVim because it takes more screen space, though I like the fact it has a lot more colors and better colorschemes. I prefer the fact that Vim is running in a terminal tab, though. I haven't tried Tmux, but I've heard it plays nice with Vim.
>
> So, what do you guys use? What do you prefer? Terminal Vim or GVim?
>

I'm far from an expert, but I use gvim because I use a
lot of non-ASCII-non-Latin-1 characters, and above all
because of my vision problems. A lot of white space is
a necessity and colorful syntax highlighting is a great
help for me to read from screen.

/bpj

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: